The Blog for the Web and Computer Users



THIS BLOG

This blog is the online record of my observations and experiences about using the computer and about web surfing. Click on Older Posts at the bottom to view more pages. Click on the 'Added features' placed below the posts and get entertained and enlightened! You can get this blog quickly by adding it to Bookmarks or Favorites tabs. [Visit also my other blogs: Natural Scientific & Medical Wonders and Kindling Thoughts].

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Worm of computer, Win32/Gamarue.gen!A attack!



As I opened my computer, there was an alert message saying that there is a malware in the computer and the Windows Defender is taking action to remove it. When I checked the Windows Defender, it showed in its History tab that there are two malwares and both are quarantined. I hurriedly removed them both under Quarantined items and the All detected items and was happy about my action. But when I started the computer in the next session, the alert message came on again as the computer is affected with malware! I Googled and found the first one, Win32/Gamarue.gen!A to be a worm that replicates itself and infects all computers it gets access to. Yes, I got it through my USB that I used to get a print-out from a computer centre! Microsoft website simply advised me to remove it by its Windows Defender Antivirus software, that hadn't worked in my case. Then, I accessed a blog in Malware Tips.Com that came into rescue of my computer from this nuisance, the worm infection. I clicked the Open menu in the right corner of the Mozilla Firefox and clicked on the Open Help Menu. It led me to a list. In the list clicked on Troubleshooting Information. On a box that displayed, Refresh Firefox, I clicked. That's all. The browser was refreshed. Next time when I started the computer, this worm didn't return to infect my computer! But what about the other malware that was first detected by my Windows Defender? That is to be my next post's content - content of discussion only!

3 comments:

GST Courses Delhi said...

Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

GST Training Delhi said...

Very nice post. I merely stumbled upon your journal and wished to mention that I even have extremely enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. finally I’ll be subscribing on your feed and that i am hoping you write once more terribly soon!

Cosmos said...

Thanks for the appreciation.

About Me

My photo
"I am interested in the wonders of this Universe."

Tweeting

Follow Tinazan on Twitter

Blog Archive

Labels

Google
 
Powered By Blogger
Bookmark and Share
Blogging Fusion Blog Directory

In appreciation, if you like:

Gle Alts

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Disclaimer

All data and information provided on this blog is for informational purpose only. http://www.webcomputerusers.blogspot.com makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, misinformation, omissions or any losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on as - is basis.